hmmm.....

Afraid I can't help you much.  Aside from asking all the normal troubleshooting
questions I'm sure you've asked yourself.  Until you figure out why Samba printing
started failing, I would enable Unix printing and attempt to set up CUPS to print to a
LPD printer, attempt to choose the appropriate driver, etc...  What has changed on
this box recently?  It sounds like permissions are wrong.  You haven't dorked around
with /tmp lately, have you?  Make sure /tmp has the current rights:

drwxrwxrwt   10 root     root         1024 Jul 11 21:36 tmp

If not, that's:

chmod 1777 /tmp

Good luck, chief.  Let me know how it goes.  If you would like me to help more, let's
talk offlist and perhaps I can get a look at the print server and/or the system.

begin  "Richard R. Sivernell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:14:30 -0500
excreted: