eD24 and KDE1.1.3 was really great.  KDE2 and 3 will not be as stable
for some time, I'm sure.  They still haven't got all the kinks out of
DCOP.  Although their software is pretty and tends to run fairly well.
They introduced a lot of cool ideas in 2, refined them in 3, and
hopefully will be stable by the time 4.x rolls around :)

I certainly hope that keep making that IPC/Networking code more
intelligent.  It doesn't matter which machine I wish to run my
software's PROCESSING on, I want the display here and now.  KDE2 was
TERRIBLE for using the network-transparent X-Windows functionality.
Always gave wierd results.  KDE3 seems a little bit better in this
arena...  Although I think I've still been nailed by the SU-of-death
(shell, su - , run a K app, exit to normal user, no longer can open K
apps, Root owns the session now... the root that you just exited out of)