On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 11:46:37AM -0500, John Voigt wrote:
>On 12/31/2002 10:56 AM, Matthew Carpenter wrote:
..
> > and a little disappointed that I had to install a couple packages
> > that I'm used to in a standard install (like KDE Graphics Extras
> > package for ksnapshot) IFUP and IFDOWN are included in this release,
> > but I can't find LOCATE (which I live by).

Me too!

>It's part of findutils-4.1-11. You might need to run updatedb as well -
>I don't recall.

I found that Mandrake had left locate and updatedb out of their findutuils
RPM on 8.2.  I did some hacking on their SRPMS to get it back.  When I
installed Mandrake 9.0 yesterday, I found locate back again, but it didn't
seem to have the automatic update in the daily or weekly cron jobs.

I too am actively looking for a Linux distro to replace the Caldera
distributions I've been using since 1994 or so.  I haven't seriously looked
at SuSE since 7.3, and was turned off by the monolithic configuration file.
Mandrake looks a lot better to me so far than any others I've tried, but I
haven't used it enough to really decide.

I'll pick up a copy of SuSE 8.1 today, and give that a try.

Bill

``The man who produces while others dispose of his product is a slave.''
   Ayn Rand