Lee wrote:

> They're in  reorganization. They got fouled up when they went public with over
> the counter stocks. Instead of selling the stocks they gave away warrants to
> the rich and greedy to purchase stock. The rich folks never exercised the
> warrants so mandrake ended up with no real amount of stock sold, no new money
> and all the stock tied up in warrants. Since then they have been trying to
> get warrant holders to sell pieces of their warrants to members of the
> mandrake club who would buy the stock. About the only bright light to the
> whole thing is that mandrake got rid of the high powered investors and their
> incompetent managers who dreamed up the scheme.

A year or so ago there were reports that the French government was
considering switching to Linux.

If so, I don't think it likely Mandrake will be allowed to go under.
The French deputies are not likely to approve a non-national Linux.  I
think it more likely that Mandrake will become a "regie" before it
disappears.

When French automaker Citroen went under, the French government coerced
Peugeot to buy it, to prevent Italy's FIAT from getting the historic car
builder.  Ditto with French Chrysler.

--
Leon A. Goldstein