Comcast should have provided you with an SMTP mail server which they would lock down
their relay-domains file to allow.  You don't want to get into the reverse-lookup
world, because many MTA's lookup against an RBL (Realtime Black List) specifically for
dialup/broadband IP ranges.  If your IP falls into that range, you're hosed.  That's
the way my mail is.  The RBL I use is called Dialups.relays.OsiruSoft.com, among
others.

look into  an SMTP relay and point your Sendmail server to forward all mail through it
(Webmin makes this easy, but there are a couple other ways)