Hey,

Have you tried to run if from a prompt to see if it runs?  Are you
trying to launch it from the quick launch panel?  If it runs from the
prompt, look at the preferences on the Kmail icon in the quick launch
panel (assuming thats where you are trying to open it from) and look at
the execute tab.  On mine, RH7.3, it has: kmail -caption "%c" %i %m

HTH,

--Tom Wilson