Net Llama! wrote:

All i'm taking from this excerpt is that something is very badly broken in the way that Gentoo impliments XFS. Unless there's some explanation on what an 'emerge' would do that is possible on other distros?

Heck, I'm using XFS on Gentoo (1.4 final pre) I've had a few power-outages while using Gentoo and my system comes up without a problem. The last outage here, I was compiling Festival (about 50% into the compile) once the power came back on, I booted into gentoo and did the gmake clean and make, no problems. I do all my experiments on the gentoo install and if all comes together as I had hoped, I then install the same goodies on my Slackware install. XFS has been solid for me.

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.

According to Ottawa "ALL CANADIANS ARE LIARS AND THIEVES"