On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Tim Wunder wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 March 2003 4:15 am, someone claiming to be Hernández Rodríguez
> Fco. Javier wrote:
> > On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Tim Wunder wrote:
> > > Not sure if I should post this to general or not, but here goes...
> > > Anyone know of a way to copy from VCR tape to DVD using a PC DVD writer?
> > I use to convert my old Video-8 (Analog) tapes to Divx (.avi) and then
> > (if needed) to SVCD burned on CDRs.
> > To capture/convert I use a Canopus ADVC-100 (external box) plus a
> > FireWire Card. This combination gives me very satisfactory results.
> > The Canopus ADVC-100 was recommended me at the mjpeg mail list and it
> > is really a very good device: can capture/convert Digital or Analog to
> > Digital.
> Yes, more details would be good.
> BTW, How much video (time) can be written to VCD?

I can not answer that question unless you specify me some other factors,
bitrate, resolution, etc...
;)

Lately I have been working with Video8 to Divx. I have put a movie
1:30 hrs. long in one CDR 700MB, with an excellent quality.

In fact I burned it for being seen at my PlayStation2 and at the
TV it can be really fine. There is a player to see Divx at
the PS2. (http://www.ps2reality.net)

Best regards,

--
Javi,         _____           [EMAIL PROTECTED]