--- Begin Message ---
I just noticed two very sweet additions to my latest install (SuSE 8.2 Pro):

* KWiFiManager, a KDE Applet which shows signal strength and other cool tools.
 Clicking on the familiar ladder-like graphic produces a window which provides
pertinent information like Signal Strength (and for those of us new to WiFi,
it tells whether it's Excellent or not), SSID, WAP MAC Address and ID, IP
Address, and Channel/Frequency.  Very nice addition to the Linux family.

* KDE Configurability and Optimizations.  One new item that I would like more
information about is "Conserve Memory"...

* Kernel Customizer, a KDE Control Center plugin which allows you a pretty GUI
from which to customize your kernel.  This appears to be a KDE 3.x addition
but I failed to notice it in earlier versions.  It allows you a tree-structure
to walk through the various kernel configuration submenus.

These are all part of the DL version as well.  This is after only tinkering a
short while, which leaves me eager to play more in the very near future.

--- End Message ---