On 6/17/2003 8:36 AM, someone claiming to be Myles Green wrote:

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 05:24, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 04:36:48 -0600
Myles Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 04:13, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I remember seeing that redhat did some wild integration of KDE and Gnome
in their latest release. I never did get a feel for whether you could
still run KDE with its own look. Is this possible? If so, is it so
without hassle?

Yes it is, just select a different theme for the various components (desktop theme, icon theme, etc). Also, if you're interested, the newest KDE available from ftp.kde.org installs cleanly and gets rid of the Blue Curve look as a default.

BTW Ximian Desktop 2 (XD2) installs quite nicely (I downloaded the RPMs
and installed them myself) and completes the purging of Blue Curve ;-)

We are trying to see how far we can go with a distro without changing things. Updates beyond the original CDs are avoided when possible.

Then the answer is still yes, just look through the various settings
under themes, icons etc.

Kinda off-thread, but there's also the kde-redhat project, http://kde-redhat.sf.net, which, when combined with apt for rpm, provides an easy way to keep kde up to date.

Regards,
Tim