I agree.  One positive move by the KDE team is creating their own GUI tools.
These are neither vendor- or version-specific (except of course the first
release :)

David's point is, of course, very valid.  People don't want to know what
they're doing, they just want it to work (for a little while).  They don't
want to respect the tools and technology enough to learn HOW it works.  Still,
there is room in Linux for all who venture in... even MCSE's.

--
Matthew Carpenter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          http://www.eisgr.com/

Enterprise Information Systems
*Network Service Appliances
*Network Consulting, Integration & Support
*Web Development and E-Business