On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:38:13 +1000
Keith Antoine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The ip of the router seems to be 192.168.0.1, used for http config. I have
> not ips for
> downstairs computer either. Can I asume the this one would be 192.168.0.2
> and the downstairs
> 192.168.0.3, or is this impossible. How can i find out what is using what
> ip's. Use ipconfig you say
> but when i call it here a little black window flashes up and is gone in a
> flash.

If the IP of the router is 192.168.0.1, what is the netmask?  That needs to be
the netmask for all of the machines.  Is the NetGear router doing DHCP?  If
so, set the Linux machine and the XP machine both to use DHCP and everything
else should be good (unless the NetGear DHCP is messed up.

You have to call ipconfig from inside a command window "Start -> Run -> cmd
<enter>"

HTH,
Matt