On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:48:31 -0400
Bruce Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just a couple of comments for David:
>
> I hope you again cover the virtual console issue.  I followed what you
>
> wrote about enabling a virtual terminal and still didn't get any boot
> lines...  I was able to get the dmesg output after the fact and the
> boot went ok anyway.  But I'll be damned if I know how to get the same
> ol' same ol' boot stuff...
>
> And I know I have to upgrade some of the packages, in particular
> whatever loads those funky .ko modules....   But I really haven't had
> time to look into it yet.  But the kernel ran fine for the most
> part...

There's a module-init-tools package that's required for 2.5.48 and
above.  I don't include that in the documentation, I assume you have
performed all required upgrades of ancilliary software.

Might try http://linuxbooks.pananix.com/kernel2.6.html for my stab at
2.6 "gotcha" documentation.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto
GPG key autoresponder:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]