Keith Antoine wrote:
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:29 am, Leon A. Goldstein wrote:
> Lots of people wrote too much to quote.
>
> Between reminiscing about eDesk 2.4 and favorite brews, this is becoming
> another eDesk 2.4 wake.
> Not that that is a bad thing.  How many other distro's of the past
> command such fond loyalty?

I still wonder though how much the excellent mailing list contributed to its
success.

I'd say significantly.  If you like statistics, the contribution was 50%.
Of course, the engineers and programmers contributed the other 50%
What good is a superbly engineered product nobody likes?
Like the "anatomically perfect" car seats Daimler Benz used to make.

The users were happy and enthusiastic and wanted to wring the maximum performance out of eDesk 2.4.
I remember when Erik Ratcliffe and Marcus Meissner were active list members.
I would like to think that they participated because of the professional pride they had in their "baby"
and enjoyed talking to the people who used, and appreciated, their work.

--
Leon A. Goldstein