On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:01:39 +1000
Shane Broomhall (AUS) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > James McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > I bet this sells about as well as Yugos!
> > >

> > So hang on the court case hasn't even proved yes or no regarding
> > SCO's
> > claims... what would possess anyone to pay over money for a license?
>

> i would be guessing fear, and the desire to save money.  If people
> perceive that they will be saving money by getting in early, they
> might go for it.  Most will not question the need to purchase, unless
> they are better informed.
>
> If MS or Novell, or someone else walked into a comercial business and
> stated you need to buy X ammount of licences to be legal, most would
> not question would they, especially if they thought that they were
> getting a special rate, and would avoid prosecution.
>
> If they get some peple paying money havent the had a win ?? even if it
> fails in court ??

If SCO wins in court (unlikely), everyone will be pushed to buy a
license (they'll just hire the BSA enforcement goons^H^H^H^H^Hteam that
M$ uses).  If SCO loses (likely), all the suckers that bought licenses
(along with a whole slew of others) will sue SCO (SCO will, however, be
out of business and broke long before their trial).

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto
GPG key autoresponder:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]