Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:07:43 -0400

In the September issue of WIRED, Darl McBride in the HOT SEAT says...

WIRED: Give me the summary brief.

McBride: "The world is moving to a Unix operating environment, and SCO owns the IP rights to it, When you snap off a branch from the Unix tree and try to graft it onto the Linux tree, that's out-of-bounds. It's time to step up and claim the ownership rights that are rightly ours."

Holyshit. I know they make claim to "their unix code in linux" but what is the REAL attitude towards Linux. Is Linux seen as a competitor to Unix (SCO) and as such they want it also? I tell ya' Darl could have chosen better words than what he did.

I wonder if Darl is ever curious about life outside his head? Does he even know that an alternative reality exists?

My understanding is that SCO's biggest competitor is M$. M$'s biggest problem is linux. So SCO makes a deal with M$ to get rid of linux. Does Darl really believe that he can litigate himself a piece of the linux revenue stream in perpetuity, just because he wants to?

-- Alma

Don't worry Jerry, we don't hold you resposible for deranged, pathetic individuals. No matter what their name.