I have just had an answer to my exhortations to Zeus! A national PC
mag which has for a while been putting in some linux software on its
free cd's, included 'Ext2FS Anywhere 2,5'. It had some blurb about being
able to see linux partitions and files from windows.

I thought that this was one of those windows hacks, but decided to give it
a try. Lo and behold it managed to find and mount the partitions I wished to see
: i.e /home /backup /build etc. I can transfer files back and forth just as I can
from a linux booted system.

So I now have the ability to do backups from windows partitions to linux
partitions. What I would like is reccomendations for a win backup program
that can be automated and made to save to a particular destination.

Skippy