Ken Moffat wrote:
Is there some advantage over Mozilla, which I'm quite happy with?

I've only converted to it over the last few days, so there is much to discover yet. Some things I've seen:

- Much prettier UI. Finally breaks away from the mud-fence-ugly Netscape UI. It will be easier to recommend to clients over that Microsoft stuff.
- Lots of little enhancements to the UI that, to me, add up to alot.
- UI is alot more customizable.
- Overall, it seems faster and leaner (even in beta stage) than Moz.
- Appears this is where the resources will go for browser development in the future, so may as well get on board now.

Editorial comment: DEP has been known to criticize (rightly so) lots of desktop OSS apps that never quite seem to measure up to their commercial counterparts. If Moz Firebird/Thunderbird can be taken as a measure of what "the community" is producing, then we are entering an entirely new era of OSS.

Michael