Kmail does, indeed, support MIME encoding.

I'm not expert at this, but I'm guessing that you have received an email with
html formatting, rather than ascii formatiing and Kmail is not rendering the
html. If that's the case, then your problem, probably, is that html rendering
is turned off for security reasons.

Go into Settings/Security/General and see if the checkbox for HTML is turned
on. Or, alternately, go to Appearance/Profiles and select Kmail with HTML
previewing (this makes other changes to your options as well).

Hope this helps.

cmr

On Friday 22 August 2003 07:16 pm, you wrote:
> I am using Kmail 1.4.3 with KDE 3.0.5.  I recieved a email that stated the
> following:
>
> "Your Email Client does not support MIME encoding. Please upgrade to
> MIME-enabled Email Client (almost every modern Email Client is
> MIME-capable)."
>
> Since I am not even sure what that means (he blushes with embaressment),
> how can I correct this?
>
> TIA
>
> Harry G

Debian 'Sarge': Registered Linux User #241964
----
"More laws, less justice." -- Marcus Tullius Ciceroca, 42 BC
--------