We use solaris (v5 thru v8) in daily production at this site. Not being phased out.
Our home office is in the process of converting from HP/Compaq/DEC tru64 to solaris as
well. Just got rid of our last AIX box 2-3 mos ago. (I liked it, but it was an orphan.)

Preferences - Solaris, because that's what I'm used to. Used irix in a previous place
and time, liked that then.

Our use of linux was not influenced too much by choice of unix, except to the extent
that it has broader hardware support than solaris X86 (at least at the time we were
looking at it).

-jhb-