Hi all,

I am running Openlinux 3.1.1 in my portable.

I needed to change the network parameters (static IP, Netmask, gateway).

I got a problem with the menu interface to change the network:
   Preferences->System->Network->Devices
so I used "webmin" for that task: Network Interface, etc...

After changing the corresponding parameters I then ran

/etc/rc.d/init.d/amd.net stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/amd.net start

/etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network start

I then checked /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
and I found that it had the "old" values of the network
parameters. (Webmin did not modified it).
I am not sure if that is normal or not.

I changed the values of "ifcfg-eth0" by hand and I ran again the two
init scripts.

Then I tried to get through the gateway but I could not reach the Inet.
I could ping the other machines on the LAN (even the router) but not way to get out.

After a complete reboot of the system I could get the Inet without problem.

I think I probably missed one or more scripts (services) after
applying the changes to the network and I am wondering which ones.

Just for future changes I would appreciate a help with the "needed"
scripts after changing values to the network.

Best regards,

Javi,          _____            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ____________!___!___!___________ Now at Noja, Cantabria, Spain