Hi

    Two days back I asked a question about the sendmail "gethostbyaddr"
errors..

    Our server is Cobalt raq4r.  On this server the sendmail is running.. Now
in this server bind was running and all the domains' entries with their PTRs
were present under the bind configuration.

    Now very recently all the domains are moved to the new name server and the
zones have been deleted from this server. The problem is when sendmail is
running, for the zones which have been deleted from this server, for those ip
address sendmail log  is showing the error:::

   > > Sep  4 00:25:01 server sendmail[23133]: gethostbyaddr(xxx.xxx.xx.35)
failed: 1

    If the IP address , i mention  in the /etc/hosts file then the errors are
not coming. But my question is for the new name server the reverse PTR ,
everything has been configured. So from this server why the reverse PTR is
being failed? From the other server it is working fine...

    So anyhow what i guess that if i can force sendmail *not to check this
server for the look up of the  PTR * then my problem can be solved...

    Need suggession /advice

Best Regards.
-Swapna