On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Swapana Ghosh wrote:
> Hi
>
>        In our /etc directory I am seeing there are two directories
>
> 1.  cron.daily
> 2.  cron.daily2
>
>        Under cron.daily2 the *webalizer.pl*  is mentioned. But in
> /etc/logrotate  only cron.daily is mentioned to be executed.  But somehow
> i am seeing *webalizer.pl* is also running... So howcome webalizer.pl is
> running when it is under cron.daily2? I have checked all the directories,
> no where this *webalizer.pl* is mentioned..

/etc/logrotate has nothing at all to do with cronjobs.  All it does is
rotate out your logs.  cron.daily2 is something that someone hacked in.
Its in no Redhat distro I've ever looked at, going back as far as RH-5.2.

>        I have moved the webalizer.pl from  this directory to my own directory.
>   Today night i will check wheather it executes or not...As the corn.daily time
> is set to 4 am ......

Pointer to what?  You haven't said what the problem is.  You did alude to
something about webalizer.pl, but there's no information on what is wrong.
Is webalizer.pl not running per a cronjob?  If so, then say so.  Of couse
the fact that its sitting in cron.daily2 sounds like the reason why.

cronjobs are called either from /etc/crontab or per each user's own
crontab (crontab -l).  If they're not in one of those two locations, then
they do *NOT* exist.  period.