Hi Llama !

You can use the typical console cable used for Cisco routers. That's what I used to hook up the office Netra to my office laptop. Plug into the LOM port and plug the other end into your 9-pin serial port. If you are using Windows, open a Hyperterminal window and press <Enter> several times to get the "lom>" prompt. If you need the documentation for LOM port operations, you can look for it on the Internet, or email me. I might have it handy.

Regards,
pascal chong

Ted Ozolins wrote:

Net Llama! wrote:

OK. But i don't need DB25. I've got a Rocketport which takes RJ45, and
the Netra RJ45, which seems to need something other than an ordinary cat5.
Do you know if its a crossover, or something custom?

I'll have to check on that and get back to you. I know a few people here that work with this stuff.