On 10/4/03 23:16, "Brett I. Holcomb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So they've fixed it I guess.  There was a problem when it first came out.
>
> My recommendation is an Apple Powerbook - my daugher got one for school and
> it's great!  We're running X and OpenOffice on it.

I will second the PowerBook recommendation.  The 12" PowerBook can be had
for nice price with a DVD burner.  You can run Yellow Dog Linux on it but
after you use OS X I doubt you will want to.  Gento also has a PPC distro
now and there are a few others out there.

OSX does so much out of the box with the Apple software already and when you
add all the Unix applications that you can run its just plain great.

The 15" and 17" PowerBooks are a little steep but they are very nice.  I
currently use a 12" iBook and love it.  I'm saving for a new G5 Tower and a
12" PowerBook.

--

Ray Russell
Mac OS X 10.2.8