From: David A. Bandel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 7:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Greylisting

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:54:33 -0400
"Wil McGilvery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was reading this article on greylisting and I find the premise to be
> interesting.
>
> http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/
>
> Has anyone tried greylisting? Any experiences worth sharing?

Ok, I do now have an experience to share on grey listing!

I just sent someone a message who uses grey listing.  Four hours later
they received the message.  About six hours after that they replied to
me.  Their message bounced.

What happened:
When they e-mailed me, milter-sender connected back to them.  Their
grey-listing software sent back an administratively prohibited message.
milter-sender tried again but got the same reply so it decided the
address either didn't exist or was mailbox full and BOUNCE!

Two anti-spam programs working at cross purposes.  So unless one of us
manually white-lists the other, we'll never be able to correspond.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto
GPG key autoresponder:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]