I've somehow lost something which causes X not to start when I boot (from HD or from Boot Floppy).  After all the normal boot messages, apparently X tries to start, but I get only the quick CL prompt, and then X appears to try to start again, then the prompt, over and over.  Booting into linux 3 allows me to se in /var/log/XFree86.0.log the following:
    Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list
    Fatal server error:
    Could not open default font 'fixed'
I've reloaded X from the install CD's, to no avail.  Can anyone give me any aid?
Thanks,
Al