On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:16:59 -0500, "Michael Hipp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:

> If you could beg / borrow / steal :-) another sound card just for
> temporary testing would be a logical next step.

Finally gave up on Knoppix when the hard drive installed version wouldn't
record at all !!!!!
(It didn't seem nearly as polished as SUSE either).
Bought myself a soundblaster 4.1 card for £20 installed it this eveing
reinstalled suse and Audacity seems to be working fine haven't recorded a
full 30 mins yet, it's late & I'm too tired but so far everything looks
ok.
Why didn't I buy this 3 weeks ago !!!!!
I will report back tomorrow when If tried a full album.
Thanks for all your help.
--
Squabsy
Using Opera, The Bat, K-meleon, or Becky.