I need to set up an Audio mixer type system with three computers and a
stereo system being the inputs.  I want to take these inputs, mix them and
then output them.  I also want to be able to record the stereo system input
on a computer so I can convert my tapes and records to files that can be
burned on a CD.  I plan to try oog but also need mp3 - or an open source
equivalent that can play on a DVD player that plays mp3 CDs.  This raises
some questions.

1.  For the mixing part I was looking at a hardware mixer but I'm wondering
is there a setup for Linux that I can use to bring the inputs in via the
line in, mix them with software, and then send the mixed result out via
line out to an amp that will drive speakers?

2.  What software is good for recording records and tapes and CDs?

Thanks.
--
Brett I. Holcomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]