Yes, Gentoo is conservative and that's good but at this point XFS has been
in the field for a long time and has worked well.   I personally feel the
Gentoo people don't have a lot of experience with XFS so they just made
some comments that are not all that factual (as Kurt Wall pointed out) - or
maybe a better choice of words is that they aren't familiar and wrote what
they thought was correct.  Gentoo has not been a fan of XFS since I started
using it.  However, I spent a lot of time in this forum watching the
threads on the various file systems and the experiences people have had.
The result was that I chose XFS to get a file system that could put itself
back together and not take a million hours to do it.  Lonnie and Kurt have
used it a lot and done stress testing on it - real stress testing <G> - and
XFS works well.

--
Brett I. Holcomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]