I have been playing with converting text files to ps format using a2ps,
then to pdf format using ps2pdf. For the most part it seems to work.
However, I cannot figure out how to maintain the format or font sizes of
the original document. I have read about everything I could get my hands
on but still cannot figure it out. I have been using kword and saving as
a txt file and proceeding from there. I have been using the following
commands:

a2ps --borders=0 --output=<filename> <original-document>
ps2pdf <psfilename> <ps-to-pdf-file-name>

If anyone has been doing this, or has any clue what I am doing wrong,
please let me know. This is driving me crazy!

Thanks much,
 Vern