Net Llama wrote:

> --- Vern W Heesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ken Moffat wrote:

> > ps to
> > > >

> > > Quote from website:
> > > Purchasing, Licensing and Registration
> > > txt2pdf is shareware.  This means that you're welcome to try it and
> > > use it as much as you want for 30 days.  If after that time you like
> > > txt2pdf
> > > or would like to continue using it, we ask that you please purchase
> > it
> > > or remove it from your system.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ken Moffat
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Didn't dawn on me that txt files contain no formatting. Sooo, any
> > ideas on something that CAN
> > write to PDF and maintain the original formatting? I tried a few
>
> What original formatting?  Its a *TEXT* file, there is no formatting or
> it wouldnt' be text.
>
> > searches but only came up with
> > the Adobe windows program. But I don't want to use windows.
>
> I gave you one.  Or are you looking for a no-cost solution?
>
> =====
> Lonni J. Friedman                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Linux FAQ & Step-by-step help:    http://netllama.ipfox.com
>
>                                                  .

Ok, I didn't explain the situation very well. I apologize. To start with, this has
been my
first attempt at creating PDF files. I may be missing something very obvious here. I
wish to
create some documents in PDF format but also want it to be able to center text,
different font
sizes, possibly some bold as well. I tried kword and saved to .txt format which won't
work. I
also tried saving in kwd format but that didn't work either (obviously). Everything I
seem to
find talks about converting txt files but if txt files do not have formatting, what
should I be
trying to do? I have never tried this on windows either...I am totally new to creating
PDF
files.
Money is not an issue. If I can find something to do this then paying for it is no
problem. I
can see how this could be very useful. I tend to purchase all software if it serves my
purposes.

Vern