Hi,

My guess is that it contains the W32.Sircam.Worm@mm worm
(http:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
I've known of *MANY* (many possibly meaning a lot) mails containing it these last few
days.

The subject is the name of the infected attachment and the body contains three lines.
To find out more about it, just go to the URL above.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:48:39 -0400, Lee wrote:

>Net Llama wrote:
>
>> --- Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Don't know for sure but I may have a new virus knocking at my door. In
>> > the last few hours I have received the same e-mail from eight
>> > different
>> > addresses that I don't know. All of them have an attachment and appear
>> > to be identical as follows,
>> >
>> >               Part 1.1   Type Plain Text   (text/plain)
>> >                              Encoding: quoted-printable
>> >
>> > I haven't opened them up, but deleted them on the spot and sent a
>> > reply
>> > to the sender that I don't accept e-mail with attachments from people
>> > don't know. One other thing all the e-mails have different headings.
>> > The
>> > last one was entitled: HD 83 Voter File Audit.
>>
>> 1) You're in linux
>> 2) Its a text attachment
>> 3) Unless you execute it as root, it is harmless
>>
>> So what exactly are you afraid of?  THis is most likely some kind of
>> spam.
>
>Spam normally comes from a single address and tries to sell me something. One
>fingerprint of
>the worm viri is that they enter your address book and send out reproductions of
>themselves to
>anyone on the address list. That's what I have been getting an identical e-mail with
>attachments from multiple addresses on an average of one every hour and a half. I'm
>in the user
>mode and delete them without opening whenever they show up. I just got the same
>message from a
>valid e-mail address with a different title. This one is entitled," The Life of
>William
>Schymer." The only way to tell what it is is to open it in the root mode, but I don't
>want to
>do that. But, if you want, I haven't deleted it yet and I'll be glad to forward it to
>you and
>you can unwrap it to find out what it is.
>

>> =====

Federico Voges
Socio gerente

Intrasoft
Malabia 2137 14 A
(1425) Buenos Aires
Argentina

Te/Fax: 54-11-4833-5182
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.intrasoft.com.ar

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: A536 4595 EB6F D197  FBC1 5C3A 145C 2516