Quoting Ronnie Gauthier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I think so, AFAIK, ms products run pdf's without challenge. I have
> acrobat 5
> and it opens fully when I click a pdf file. I use pdf's quite a bit and
> it
> concerns me that if this gets more work and wider spread that anyone
> with
> acrobat will be extremely vulnerable to a system attack. Also that its
> possible that with more work that even on the linux side someone could
> get
> code to execute when the plugin is run to open the pdf file.

The worst you could do is bung up your user...as long as you aren't surfing as
root.  Hence the repetitive cautions of many listgoers to newbies (not saying
you're one) not to surf as root.

However, this is apparently only an Acrobat (creator not reader) issue.
--
Linux SxS [http://members.home.net/linuxsteps/