I have two cards in this machine. Both are ne2000 clones (PCI), one is a
winbond on eth0 and the other a realtek 8029 (chip name) on eth1. These
messages began only after I added the realtek card.
Would it make a difference that the realtek card is on a subnet that usually
has no activity on it, since there is only one computer on the subnet
besides my two NIC router and that computer is usually turned off.
You may ask why I buy all these NE2000 clones? That's what I get for buying
stuff at CompUSA.  But, alas, they are cheap and easy, and sometimes I like
that.
Joel