Tony Alfrey wrote:

> On Monday 03 September 2001 04:56 pm, Keith Antoine wrote:
> > I had better results with sybil than I am having with WS 3.1 as you
> > may remember.
>
> I do remember.  I even got a colleague to burn an ISO of sybil so I
> could fuss with it but it looked like a time sink.  I'm now dealing
> with XFree problems (I think).  Another story later. . . .

I am looking at installing Mandrake 8.1 as soon as its released. I have tried 8.0
and it looks and does what it says it will very well, and from all the reports of 8.1
it looks to be, to me, the ideal desktop. They also include all the latest releases of
asupported software instaed of ahving to update straight away.

I also noted that makdrake had software updates for internet install a few days after
release,
whereas Caldera have only security updates for net install, no updated software at
all, they are
getting left behind.