Well, with as long as they, IBM, have been around and as much as their stuff
costs they have the resources built already to take on anybody they want...

For instance they made $300 dollars off of me for a Thinkpad keyboard  8(
NOTE TO SELF:  Keep beer away from Thinkpad keypad.. not a good combo!!

On Saturday 08 September 2001 08:22, you wrote:
> Out here in the piney woods of Florida news and tv signals travel
> slowly. Saw my first Linux ad on tv last night. It was for IBM Linux
> servers. Claimed you could replace a whole warehouse full of servers
> running that other system with one IBM server using reliable Linux
> technology. Looks like Big Blue is serious about Linux and doesn't fear
> the gang from Redmon WA.

  Bill Day     A.K.A.     BadMan
  RLU#188133     RLM#83358     http://counter.li.org
  irc.openprojects.net     #linux-users
  MicroShaft is the only company that introduces
  an OS that is worse than the one it replaces.
 10:30am  up 38 days, 31 min, 21 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00