Joel

   Whoa  there big boy. You are forgetting something, oin fact there are a
lot of things here.

1. The president does not need congress's approval to committ troops
anywhere, just to keep them there after a period of time.

2. At the time of the WWII, many were isolationist. That means they wanted
closed borders and no one goes anywhere. Every thing in the world effects us
here.

3. If we had not gotten into WWII england, sweden and all of Europe would be
GERMAN today. Look at what hitler & friends were doing. It does not take any
imagination, just the open mind to accept the autrocities that went on.

4. The flying tigers were heros, but they were Merceneries as they fought for
China. They were paid by China, yes China was helped by the US. It was less
costly and if also help keep the US out of war a little longer.

What I get from your post is that you oppose war, I agree with that. But
there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough. War is horrible,
dasterdly. People die, yes but there are those that just do not care and you
have to remove them from society.

I may not agree with you, I will defend and fight for your right to disagree.
Opinions are like noses, everyone has one.

cheers my friend
--
Rick Sivernell
Dallas, Texas  75287