On Thursday 20 September 2001 01:24 pm, you wrote:
> Please note that the following is my opinion.
> I've heard plenty of people complain about the loss of certain 'liberties
> and freedoms' recently.  Whether this is concerning the tightened security
> at airports, AOL and Earthlink cooperating with the federal investigation,
> or other related matters.  Ladies and gentlemen, we are at war(whether you
> like it or not).  The enemy still has troops at large on American soil.
> Where they could strike next is anybody's guess.  This war is like no other
> war that Americans have ever fought.  We are used to wars being on other
> people's soil and the loss of lives being from our military.  Americans
> have been spoiled lately by the unprecedented liberties and freedoms that
> we have enjoyed in recent years.  This will be a time for us as Americans
> to sacrifice some of these freedoms and liberties in the name of security.
> Freedom doesn't come without a price.  America is a unique country in that
> these freedoms and liberties can and will be reinstated once the enemy is
> defeated.  I took an oath to 'protect and defend the US' and served in the
> US Air Force for four years.  I gave up some of my liberties and freedoms
> so that my fellow Americans can enjoy being secure.  Once again, I'm called
> upon as an American citizen to make some sacrifices to ensure the security
> of my fellow Americans.  I'll gladly make these sacrifices to make sure
> that you are secure in your work place, your home, on your streets, in your
> skies, and in your favorite restaurant.  This will not be a permanant loss
> of freedoms and liberties, but only until the enemy is defeated and we as
> American citizens can feel secure once again.  The alternative is almost
> frightening. I don't want America to become a battleground where the enemy
> can strike at anytime, anywhere and without warning.  For the freedoms that
> we will enjoy in the future, I'm willing to pay the price needed and make
> those sacrifices now.
>
> Jim

Jim

    you are absolutely correct here. Folks, this is not a new & strange war,
it is the same one we fought in RVN. The only difference is that it is here
and the terrorist have tried to ti invade us. Well news flash OH NO you
don't. To many of us RVN vets around and we now how to take them out.

If you have not been in the military, you may not understand us. That is OK,
just do what we tell you and maybe you will get through it.

cheers
Rick Sivernell
Dallas, Texas  75287
972 306-2296