Jerry McBride wrote:

> I got this one this morning....
>
> ---quote on---
>
> Dear Comcast @Home Customer,
>
> On Friday, September 28, Excite@Home, the Internet service provider for
> Comcast @Home, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to allow them
> the opportunity to restructure their financial situation with their
> creditors.
>  As you may know, financial restructuring allows companies that have declared
>
> bankruptcy to continue to operate their business successfully.
>
> More than five years ago, Comcast committed to the high-speed Internet
> business by partnering with Excite@Home, and we continue to be committed
> to providing high quality, reliable service.  We are confident that
> Excite@Home,
> whose major shareholders include AT&T, Cox and Comcast, will maintain all
> e-mail and web space services for our customers.
>
> Comcast will continue providing its customers with the best high-speed
> Internet service both now and in the future.  We are doing everything
> possible
> to ensure that the 950,000 customers we will serve by year-end will continue
> to be served well while Excite@Home restructures its financial situation.
>
> ---my comment---
>
> That's almost 40 million dollars a year and they can't pay their bills?! Cut
> me a break.
>
> ---my comment off---
>
> Comcast views high-speed Internet as one of the most important products
> in our portfolio and we remain committed to this business and to our
> customers.
>  We thank you for choosing Comcast and look forward to continuing to provide
> you with the best high-speed Internet service available.
<SNIP>

I received something similar from rogers@home in Canada, but with a
slightly different tone, note the sale to AT&T.

<CUT-N-PASTE>
To: All Rogers @Home high speed Internet customers

A couple of weeks ago we made a commitment to keep you updated on any
developments regarding Excite @Home in the U.S.

Yesterday Excite @Home announced that it has agreed to sell its
high-speed Internet access assets to AT&T, pending court approval.
We are very pleased with this announcement as Rogers has worked well
with AT&T in the past and continues to do so.  As you may know, AT&T
is one of the largest communications companies in the world.

At the same time, Excite filed for bankruptcy protection under Chapter
11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.  This action allows Excite
to remain in control of its business and provides it with protection
from creditors pending completion of the sale.

Please be assured that our commitment to you remains to provide you with
the best high speed Internet service.

We will continue to update you on a regular basis so that you remain
informed.
</CUT-N-PASTE>

--
Linux SxS [http://hal.humberc.on.ca/~mrcn0031/sxs/]