On Sat, 29 Sep 2001, Bill Campbell wrote:

> You have to be a bit more specific than that.  What's the output of the
> ``uname -X'' command?  This will give the full version number.  The current
> version is 3.2v5.0.6.

Point taken.  Will do when I get access again.

> The program to configure NICs is ``netconfig''.  OpenServer is fairly picky
> about what it will support.  I've found that it pays to stick to things
> like the later 3C509 ISA cards with Plug-n-Pray turned off (early versions
> of the firmware on these wouldn't stay turned off).  Some of the SMC 10/100
> PCI cards cards work well as do older SMC/Western Digital 3000 series.  ISA
> NE2000 clones can be a problem, and netconfig won't let you set them at any
> of the higher IRQs.  I spent a good part of an afternoon recently going
> through my parts shelves before I found a NIC that would work properly with
> 3.2v5.0.5, finally getting it to work with the 3c509.

The only documentation I could find was a Openserver configuration
guide. The command it referenced was "scoadmin".  I'll take a look at
netconfig.

> Unless you really want to run OpenServer, I would suggest loading Linux on
> the box.

Indeed, and I quite agree.  But it is a legacy product as far as they are
concerned and will not spend any more money on it.  My main goal is to
copy the WordPerfect documents from it to the NT server.  Scoadmin
autodetects the card as a 3c9XX, but won't complete the configuration.

Thanks for your help.  Keith