Tim Wunder babbled on about:
> Tim Wunder wrote:
> > Previously, Douglas J Hunley chose to write:
> >>Tim Wunder babbled on about:
> >>
> >>shit. figures you'd ask... ;)
> >>
> >>try http://www.google.com/linux?q=nimda+mod_rewrite
> >>
> >>that might bring up a list archive or two with how to prevent the logging
> >>(I saw it on a list, but I forget which)
> >
> > Found this
> > <Location />
> > RewriteEngine On
> > RewriteRule cmd\.exe / [NC,L]
> > RewriteRule root\.exe / [NC,L]
> > RewriteRule Admin\.dll / [NC,L]
> > RewriteRule default\.ida / [NC,L]
> > </Location>
> > at
> > http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Not sure what it does, though. I'll stick it in my httpd.conf file, for
> > kicks. <snip>
>
> All these commands do is redirect requests for cmd.exe, root.exe,
> Admin.dll and default.ida to my main web page. It still hits the log,
> and I get as many requests now as I did before, 'cept instead of servin'
> up the 404 error page, it serves up my index.html page.
>
> I'm gonna do some more reading on the Apache site, see what helpful
> hints might be there. The Apache site has some decent docs, info on
> mod_rewrite's RewriteRule is here
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html#RewriteRule
>
> Tim

hm.. I saw some mod_rewrite magic that prevented the logging... (at least I
think it was mod_rewrite). the brain just ain't what it used to be over here
I guess.
--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: http://linux.nf  Admin: http://hunley.homeip.net

To ensure privacy and data integrity this message has been encrypted
using dual rounds of ROT-13 encryption.