Jerry McBride wrote:
%
% I just heard this on the car radio on the way home from work. Excite is
% allowed to
% disconnect COMCAST@HOME tonight at midnight...

No, the judge ruled that Excite@Home has the right to end its
contracts with *all* of its cable partners, not just Comcast. But,
saying they have a right to does not mean they will. Comcast is
putting the best face on it:

        "As of this afternoon, a Bankruptcy Court Judge ruled
        that Excite@Home has the right to end its contracts
        with its cable partners.  This does not necessarily mean
        that Excite@Home will turn off the service and, at this
        time, we are not aware of any planned interruptions.  In
        fact, we are continuing discussions with Excite and the
        other cable affiliates and creditors to do everything
        possible to avoid an outage."

Kurt
--
Next to being shot at and missed, nothing is really quite as satisfying
as an income tax refund.