IMAP configuration, as I have found it, is nonexistent.  Either you allow it or not
(though your inetd config) and you control access to the service (hosts.allow and
hosts.deny, I suppose iptables as well).

It's essentially on or off.  If I'm wrong, please tell me otherwise.  I created a
directory called MAIL off my user directory and it is where all my mail is stored,
etc...  In Sylpheed (my IMAP client) there is a configuration "IMAP server directory"
which I type in "MAIL" and everything works.  I believe Netscape has the same option.

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:04:41 -0500
"Joel Hammer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Trying to make my linux box an imap server.
> It is amazingly hard to find info out about this. My Programming Internet
> Mail book from O'Reilly doesn't mention anything about setting up the server.
> Using the defaults, everything works fine for mail that goes to my standard mailbox,
>the one in
> my environmental variable MAIL.
> However, I am not sure of the best way to allow for other mailboxes to be
> serviced by the server, eg. how to allow the imap client to subscribe to
> them.
> Now, when I try to subscribe from Netscape 6.2, every file on my home
> directory seems to be presented as a mail box.
> So,
> should I be fiddling with the client (what is user space, anyway?) or should
> I fiddle with the imap server?
> Joel

Matthew Carpenter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          http://www.e-i-s.cc/
Linux User #185986
Enterprise Information Systems
*Network Consulting, Integration & Support
*Web Development and E-Business