On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 23:33:22 -0500
Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed into the bitstream:

[snip]

I'll let someone else handle the first question.

> Also, what happens when the lease expires? Is a new lease automatically
negotiated or do I have to manually intervene in some manner like
restarting the firewall, etc.

RFC 2131 should answer all your questions about how DHCP works
(dhcprequest, dhcprelease, dhcpinform, dhcp..., etc.).

Bottom line, unless you are blocking udp ports 67 and 68, all dhcp lease
renewals are automagic.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto