On Tuesday 15 Jan 2002 22:16, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 January 2002 16:11 pm, Nate Cole wrote:
> > I need to get a partition out this W2k box from the remaining
> > free space.  Can anyone recommend a _free_ partition
> > resizer/creator that can handle NTFS?  I would prefer not to
> > buy PartitionMagic, as it is really a one-time use kind of
> > thing.
>
> Partition Magic was going to be my recommendation, particularly since
> you have Windows on the box.  Some *nix partitioners do weird things to
> the partition table.
>
> (and I doubt if it would be a one-time use.   :o)

Partition Magic _still_ does not understand ext3, reiserfs, jfs, etc.  If
you're only interested in NTFS and ext3 ( and linux swap ) it's OK but
far too expensive.

I'm now using Acronis OS Selector 5.0.  It only costs a few pennies and
you can download it for free to try.
        http://www.acronis.com
--
Peter Ruskin, Wrexham, Wales.  AMD Athlon XP 1600+, 512MB RAM.
Registered Linux User 219434 ( see http://counter.li.org/ ).