Greetings,
I have the opportunity to acquire this DVD drive:
http://www.hitachi.com/opstore/discont_prod/03dis_ramrom/disdvd_rom/halp-ZZZAR20RXSC.html

Looking at the specs, to my untrained eyes, it looks like this beast can
act as a 20x CDROM drive, as well as a DVD-ROM drive.

My only understanding about DVD drives in Linux is that they are similar
to CD burners, in that they are seen as SCSI devices (if the drive has
an IDE interface on it).  So, once I get the SCSI emulation bits inline,
its just a matter of installing xine, and i'm good to go?

Other than (obviously) needing a DVD drive, are there any videocard or
soundcard requirements, or is anything fair game?

TIA,
Lonni

=====