On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:08:20 -0800 (PST)
Net Llama <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Myles Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > OK, this was pretty simple actually, /etc/X11/prefdm points the way.
> > In
> > /etc/sysconfig/desktop you'll find either DESKTOP="KDE" or
> > DESKTOP="GNOME", whichever one you have dictates which DM you get -
> > "KDE" gets you KDM and "GNOME" gets you GDM. FWIW, I changed mine so
> > I got GDM in RL5 and was able to login to XFce, the only thing I can
> > find
> > wrong is the system sounds are completely FUBAR'd (much like what
> > unshielded sparkplug cables do for a car radio). So, now we need to
> > figure out what's different with X between your system and mine...
>
> Did you build 4.2.0 from source, or install the binaries?  Mine was
> from source.  My system is mostly RH-7.1 stuff, with some older 6.2
> here & there, and a very small amount of 7.2 packages.

I built 4.2.0 from source as well. My system is mostly RH-7.2 with any
newer packages all built from source (into rpms and installed that way
whenever possible). Did you reconfigure X after installing  4.2.0 or
keep your old config? (I kept the old one myself) I'll send you
whichever config files you'd like to see (off list) if you think it
would help at all.

--
Myles Green Calgary AB Canada
Alberta Linux Step by Step Mirror: