On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:39:57 +1130
Mike Andrew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:42, Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> > Another one to keep in mind is Borland, with the kylix thing being
updated> > to c++. Shouldn't be too long, and I've used C++Builder on
Windows with> > great pleasure.

> I don't know C++Builder is it Borland? And are you saying kylix is being
> ported out of Delphi (Pascal) and into C++? This would mean the
C__Far_Pascal > calls would be dropped for those addon C++ oops objects, a
good thing(tm).

C++ Builder is the C++ version of Delphi for windows. Where delphi is
pascal and extremely fast to compile, builder is C++ and very much slower
to compile, due to the complexity of the language.

> Where does this all fit in with the original post about a true blue
Intel > compiler?

I guess someone mentioned another brand that cost $500+ so I mentioned
borland, which will probably end up as a freebee open edition download
(for non commercial open-source work) or maybe $250/$300 for a commercial
desktop development system. (I don't know any of this for fact, just
reading newsgroups.)--
Ken Moffat
[EMAIL PROTECTED]