I multiboot: Win98, Mandrake 8.1, Mandrake Cooker, Redmond and sometimes
ELX.

I recently had to reinstall Win98 because of disk corruption following a
lightning strike.  Since then an old problem has resurfaced:

I mount my Win partitions in fstab like this:
/dev/hde1  /mnt/win/c vfat \
           user,exec,iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,codepage=850 0 0
Now /mnt/win/c/Program Files and /mnt/win/c/win are empty.

It happened before - long time ago and I can't remember how I fixed it.
I've tried fiddling with regedit in a native Win session.  The same thing
happens in all the distros so I guess it must be something in the win
setup.

Ideas?
--
Peter Ruskin, Wrexham, Wales.  AMD Athlon XP 1600+, 512MB RAM.
Registered Linux User 219434.  Mandrake Linux release 8.1 (Vitamin)